The Founding of Benjamin Franklin Experience
Benjamin Franklin Experience is a program devised and operated by AidJoy, a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of youth.
The program was designed by a team of experts from fields of psychology, education, and non-profit operations. Our methodologies are founded upon evidence-based research published by the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
BFE is deliberate about changing the trajectories of young lives at a critical point of development through:
- Evidence-based practices demonstrated by psychologists to allow teens to become receptive to learning that are woven into in fun, experiential exercises
- The creation of a long-term community to which graduates always belong
- Tracking and continued communications with graduates over years
- Achievements and numbers of our visiting-mentors, exposure to diverse professions, and prestige of our guest-instructors
- Seamless integration of tools and technology
- Certification of soft skills in business etiquette
Benjamin Franklin Experience sustains a culture of integrity by ensuring that every decision, action, and interaction is undertaken with the knowledge that trust is precious, and that it must be earned again and again.
Integrity means preserving the dignity of the people with whom we work, respecting values, cultures, and perspectives that may be different from our own, and requiring that the students, individuals and organizations with whom we work demonstrate the same reverence for fair, open, and honest communication and conduct.
The professionals and corporations that create career experiences for our students are high profile individuals, foundations, government agencies, charities, and/or major corporate brands. At Benjamin Franklin Experience, integrity also means being good stewards of their reputations. We take that responsibility very seriously, and that means we are passionate about conducting ourselves with honesty and grace.
The behavior that is expected of our students is detailed in our Student Handbook.
The behavior that is expected of our Staff, Visiting-Mentors, and Guest-Instructors is communicated in our Policy Manual. We also require that all participating adults undergo a State and Federal background check before interacting with our teens.